Saturday, April 20, 2019

15.1

This town was too small for me, everyone knew everyones business and sometimes that made things worst, even the downtown wasn't far enough to escape that. We needed more people, but how to advertise that this place with limited job openings and drama was paradise. 

Plus taxes could be so high, I knew this was so only to open up a route to the university in the next city over but boy was it hard for us. 


I was at the business 6 days a week trying to earn enough to keep afloat. My husband also worked hard in his career, being a founding member had its perks. Luckily, my hard work paid off in my business gaining a star. 

My pride and joy Noe would have an easier time, more people and lower taxes then I and my husband but I worried life would still be hard for her. She would be in competition with some heavy hitters for those top spots. 

It wasn't all work and no play, my husband made robots in his off time and one of my favorites was the toy robot he made for our daughter when she was small. It cracked me up and I always told him he should sell them but he said the market for it wasn't big enough. 

But he was really good and his inventions would surely help so many people in our small community. 

With my husband outright rejecting another business venture I took it upon myself to get a job in town. Golf caddy for the fat cats that came to play in our open fields wasn't my FIRST choice but it paid well enough for now. 

This toy needed a tune up for sure. 

Anyway, it was my husbands and I anniversary, we had been married for 10 years already and I could really feel the time flying by. We invited our friends and family over to help us celebrate. 

Our daughter Noe brought a friend home from school with her and to tell you the truth I was glad everyone in town was gay and most likely our daughter would be too, I shudder to think what his off spring will look like one day. 

Cheating was becoming a huge problem in town as everyone knew everyone and some people got too close. One of the newer residents in town, Strawberry, was very comfortable with my husband. I needed to nip that in the butt fast. 

One person I didn't expect to show up to my anniversary was my husbands cheating no good brother, Ronnie. 
"What are you doing at my house! How could you break up a family."
"Jul, this isn't the place to do this. It's your ann. Lets go inside and enjoy the party."
"Your friend is right, listen to her. I just came to wish my brother my congrats. Not all of us can have picture perfect lives Julien."

Before things could get out of hand my dear sweet husband comes outside.
"What's going on here?"
"Your...brother, showed up and I had to let him know how displeased I am of him. Like father like son I suppose."
"Well darling, lets not let this ruin our celebration. I love you, happy ann." My husband, never much for words or long speeches still always knew how to calm me down. It was usually with a touch or a light caress. It always did the trick. 


Noe really is the apple of our eyes. Even with our crazy schedule now we still always made time for her in some way, shape, or form. 

She was also so helpful with the dogs. Always refreshing their bowls and cleaning them. I was happy this was my child and proud of how my husband and I had raised her so far. Maybe it wasn't all bad to live here but it sure wasn't easy.



No comments:

Post a Comment